Swimming Pool Cleaning Techniques – Easy and Effective Way
Pools require regular maintenance so that they are always ready for use. Homeowners can do their own swimming pool cleaning and save money by not having to hire a pool cleaning service. It is important to know how to clean your pool properly, what the tools are and how to use them.
There is a learning curve, but the process is not nearly as cumbersome as most people think. When you keep your pool clean, you will have a pool that is always ready for use and you will keep your pool in good condition long-term.
How to Clean a Swimming Pool
- When it comes to swimming pool cleaning, the most important part is the pool’s filter. This device is constantly working to pull impurities from your pool and they contain cartridges that you must change on a regular basis to ensure optimal function and to prevent clogging.
- At least once a week, you want to give the water in your pool some attention by using a skimmer and a vacuum to clean the pool surface and remove debris from the water. In fact, any time you see things like leaves in the water, use a skimmer to remove them so that they do not get stuck in the pool filter.
- On a weekly basis, take your brushes and brush the tile and the walls of your pool. This prevents the accumulation of mildew and minerals, but of which can compromise the integrity of your pool.
- Keep an eye on your pool’s water level because you do not want it to fall below the skimmer level. If the water level gets too low, this can cause problems with the pool’s pump. It is also a good idea to leave water in your pool throughout all four seasons to prevent structural problems.
- Your pool water pH should be checked regularly to ensure that the chemicals in the water are balanced. You will use pH strips and you should have a pH between 7.2 and 7.8 at all times to ensure that the water is safe for swimmers. You also need to check chlorine levels to ensure that they are safe. Read more here about pH level and c
- Make sure to give some attention to the area surrounding your pool as well. You can use a pressure washer once a month during the months that you use your pool to prevent staining around the rim of your pool. You can also use a pumice stone to remove difficult stains.
Guide to Swimming Pool Cleaning Equipment
There are several tools that you use to keep your swimming pool clean and ready for use. Understanding what these tools are for will allow you to easily use them correctly when you are performing swimming pool cleaning. The following tools are commonly used:
You can attach various cleaning tools to a telescopic pole so that you can clean your pool without getting in because it extends your reach.
A good vacuum head ensures that you can clean the bottom of your pool to prevent the accumulation of debris and other impurities.
You can vacuum your pool like you vacuum the carpeting in your home. This removes debris from your pool quickly so that you do not have to do it manually.
Leaf traps easily remove leaves, bugs and other larger debris from the surface of your pool.
Using a skimmer net allows you to skim the surface of your pool to remove debris.
This brush allows you to remove things like mildew from your pool walls.
Since pools contain water, you need to regularly clean your tiles to remove mildew and other impurities from the tiles.
You can use a pumice stone to remove things like rust, mildew, mineral accumulation and hard water stains.
A suction sweeper uses suction to pull impurities and debris from your pool.
A pressure washer allows you to use water at high pressures to remove stains and other impurities on the surface of your pool and the surrounding area.
Swimming pool cleaning is actually quite easy and now that you know what to do, you can add the task to your weekly chore list. Just make sure that you read the owner’s manual for any equipment to ensure that you are performing the right care at the right type.
You also need to ensure that you are using all swimming pool cleaning equipment properly so that you get the best results. When you are cleaning, if you run into a maintenance issue that you are unable to tackle, such as needing a new pump installed, call a professional just to ensure everything goes right.