Why a Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner is Essential?
A pressure washer surface cleaner is an attachment designed specifically to clean flat floors with your pressure washer.
They are very similar in design to power polishers and work on the same principle, but instead of a rotating polish pad, they have rotating nozzles in their head to produce a highly concentrated clean on the surface of your floor.
They are best used with smooth floors; they are not meant to clean outside decking but work well on marble, tile, linoleum and polished concrete floors.
You need to check the manufacturer’s recommendations for cleaning your wood floors before using a surface cleaner for a pressure washer.
Why It’s Essential?
Using a pressure washer surface cleaner is essential. Here are a few reasons why.
- The regular nozzle and wand attachments for a pressure washer are designed to clean vertical surfaces.
- Pressure washer surface cleaners are designed to provide a specific force and rotating motion of spray that loosens dirt and cleans floors better.
- You can “chase” grime easily with the pressure stream, but you remove dirt and grime with a surface cleaner.
- Surface cleaners have special guards that prevent dirt and grime from spraying out onto clean areas of the floor.
How Does a Surface Cleaner work?
Using a pressure washer surface cleaner is easy. They connect to your pressure washer hose with a high pressure quick connect attachment that is included with the units.
Once the surface cleaner is attached, you use it in the same way as you would your regular pressure washer attachments.
The one difference is that for cleaning floors you need to adapt your style to the swinging arc movement used with power polishers.
This is done by moving the surface cleaner in small circles over the floor, while also swinging it in a short arc to cover distance faster.
What to Look for in a Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner Before Buy
There are several things you need to look for in a surface cleaner for a pressure washer.
- Compatibility with the high pressure connections: You want to make sure the quick connect hose from your pressure washer can attach to the surface cleaner easily.
- The right diameter surface head: It is critical that you also choose the appropriate diameter for your pressure washer surface cleaner. It isn’t advisable to go below 10 inches. Anything below that diameter you can use your regular pressure washer attachments.
- Non-marking base and protective skirt: Make sure that the surface cleaner for your pressure washer has a non-marking track method, and a nylon brush skirt. That skirt will prevent dirt and grime from spreading out onto the clean areas of your floors.
Top Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner Reviews
Here are the top 3 pressure washer surface cleaners. All of them contain the required elements you want in a cleaner that are mentioned above.
There are different aspects about their style, power or design that will make one of them the idea surface cleaner for your pressure washer.
Yamaha ACC-31056-00-13 Surface Cleaner
The Yamaha ACC-31056-00-13 is a 15 inch cleaner that can attach to any pressure washer with the use of a quick connect hose link. This is a smooth traction device with a protective nylon skirt.
The quick connect is located on the top of the unit, it does not come with a handle so you would need to make sure you have a compatible wand with your current pressure washer. The ACC-31056-00-13 covers 15 inches and uses rotating nozzles to achieve a streak free clean.
Karcher T350 Gas Pressure Washer T-Racer Wide Area Surface Cleaner
The Karcher T350 is only designed for Karcher pressure cleaning units. Do not buy this if you do not own a compatible Karcher model. It connects to the power wand of the pressure cleaner unit.
One of the unique features of this surface cleaner is that it hovers. It does have a protective nylon skirting, but rather than non-marking traction, it uses a power fan to lift the cleaner up so it hovers over the floor rather than running on it. The surface area of this pressure washer cleaner is 10-inches.
BE Pressure Whirl-a-Way Stainless Steel Pressure Washer
The BE Pressure Whirl-a-way is one of the true cross compatible surface cleaner for pressure washer units around. It is designed with its own support and frame handle. Attach the hose from your pressure washer and you can use this surface cleaner in the same way you would use a floor polisher.
It can deliver up to 4000 PSI, and it has a 20-inch surface cleaner area with protective skirt and non-marking traction. The handle and deliver system are made of stainless steel, which makes it extremely durable. You will need to make sure you have enough hose to connect it to your pressure washer as the surface cleaner is designed as a separate walk-behind unit.
If you want clean and well-kept floors, choosing a pressure washer surface cleaner is the only choice to make. They provide you with an efficient way to clean that is designed to get grime out of your floors, and keep you on schedule with your maintenance.
If you are also thinking for a new pressure washer then you can check reviews of top pressure washers we have in our site.